Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love of the Father

Life is busier for Chirpee these days. He is much more mobile and even took six steps a few different times yesterday. I think my days will quickly be getting busier, too! He has started showing his true colours in the form of temper tantrums. I have a hard time not laughing as he gives a forceful cry/scream then crawls off angrily throwing aside any toys in his path. It is a reminder of our sin natures and how much needs to come under the control of the Spirit. As a parent we can help children learn to control themselves, but there is no redemptive power within us to take away their impulse/decision to do wrong. So I keep praying that he'll come to faith at an early age. There really is no help for any of us apart from the work of the Spirit in our hearts and minds. Of course, there is no one perfect on earth, whether we trust in Christ for our souls or not, but we can become more like our saviour while we have these days on earth. That is what I pray for my family. Our Father in heaven knows everything about us, loves us beyond description and wants what is best for us. I'd say it is just like I love my little Chirpee, but I know His love is even greater than that - unbelievable and wonderful!
Daddy's Closet!
These boots were made for walkin'

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, you know they're really human when they show their sinful natures! Someone said that we as parents are in the place of God to our children, and how we handle their behaviors, attitudes, etc. will influence how they view God for the rest of their life. It is up to us to demonstrate not only the love and kindness and grace of our heavenly Father, but His divine authority, His righteousness, and how He chastens and corrects His children. It is not simple or easy to live a perfect balance of these things, I know from experience! I am still learning!

Melissa said...

He is getting so big and so adorable! Miss you guys!