Monday, August 31, 2009

Little Moments Are Most Living

As we were at Stanley Park today I was relishing the time spent with Chirpee. He was so happy running around in the grass, picking up sticks, hitting trees, climbing up slides and sitting on every swing he could. At one point he "discovered" a dandelion and put it up to his mouth. As he pulled it away, the white seed fluff stuck to his lips. I crouched down to show him how to blow the fuzz away and was so delighted to see his smile and hear his laugh. We blew together and sent those pods flying.

Then he lifted up his hand, expectantly waiting for me to take his and asked to see the "bombine, bombine" (combine across the street). We walked closer to view the combines and eventually I chased him back to the van awaiting in a cluster of trees. These are the moments I'll miss. These are the moments that warm my heart and make me appreciate this little growing man in spite of his two-year old temper tantrums and difficult moments...











Over the weekend we celebrated Chirp's second birthday. I made an attempt at being a "creative mom" and thought it didn't turn out too bad. Perfectionists don't like to attempt things they know they aren't good at - but for Chirpee...
The first picture is of him scooping up his cake and frosting with the tractors that were on top of the big cake. He didn't eat the cake, but it sure was fun. He did lick plenty of frosting from the wheels, though.


These pictures are quite out of order, but Blogger is to frustrating for me to go back and rearrange...
Chirpee with one of his favourite boots on and his tractor from the Northdweller and the Spoiler.



Aunt Jujubes with her two kiddos.

Chirpee reading a brief excerpt of his book to LoLo.


The cake.


4 comments:

ioi said...

You must have a Stanley Park out in Manitoba? For a minute, I thought you were out here for a visit again.

Susan said...

Yeah, ditto the Stanley Park comment! Too funny! Speaking of visiting...you know what I'm going to say so I won't say it. Hint hint!

Looks like a great time! Looks like it turned out pretty well too. Cute cake!

Happy Birthday Chirpee!

Jaime said...

Okay, there is a Stanley Park in Manitoba and that is the one we went to. I thought about clarifying that in the post, but thought the pictures would hint that it wasn't the same park... oh well - I really would like to visit out you'all's way. We will, just probably not before this baby comes!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Bday, L!
Your pal from Sask, DEC
PS I don't think my daddy ever remembers your daddy's bday either.