We have had some good adventures this spring. Little ones, but good times. School continues on at a slower pace than I would like because I'm a real lover of crossing things off my list. And perhaps my patience with a six year old is lacking. He isn't a slow learner per se, but I just expect him to have the attention span of a high schooler, I guess.
This is where he would be rather than reading to me...shirtless with his brother in hiding. I couldn't find them and they actually surprised me where there were hiding. I had no idea Chirpee could fit under the armoire.
Same day we investigated the inner workings of the upstairs piano. This particular piano was my Great-Great Grandmother's. She bought it after she started her teaching job in a one room school house. It isn't particularly rare, but it is in very good shape for its age and has loads of sentimental value.
The boys have become such lovers of drawing and they both are showing drastic improvements in their form and detail they are adding to their pictures. It is fun to see them develop!
Dimple hasn't regularly napped for about a year, and some days he just can't quite make it to bedtime without snoozing elsewhere first.
We had an exciting field trip to a friend's farm in Altona on a cold and wet day. The boys and I had a great visit!
The mama kitties. They were on their way up to the loft where they stashed their babies together.
Kitten holding time.
And a little time to try milking the goat. Dimple didn't get the hang of it, so we pulled him off the goat before he hurt her :O)
Chirpee must be a natural. He was able to get milk right away. It must be his father's genetics.
Inside the house was just as fun as the barn. We even got to bring Rory who really was interested in the birds.
Trying a treat we brought home with us. A nice cold glass of goat's milk!
We are determined it is spring even though it has been a terribly cold one. So no matter how chilly, we will dig in the dirt. The extra boy is a neighbor's grandson :) The boys were happy for the company.
A new "tradition" (still not sure how regular this will be). Afternoon tea.
Another cold day, but who needs coats when the sun is out? Its warm anyway.
Tada! It finally happened! A spring day that was 65 degrees (aka 17C)!!!!! I took the boys and LoLo to the park to celebrate the warmth!
The kids were able to corner this poor frightened and bewildered chipmunk :) Don't worry, I only let then trap him for a little bit.
This is a super fun and seemingly old ride!
This park is a real bright spot on the prairie for me. It is soothing.
The bridge was definitely the highlight of the afternoon!
Throwing gravel into the little stream. Then sticks and watching them float.
These two are super friends.
And the kid who always get to be third wheel...but he seems to deal with it pretty well ... most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment